Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Well, I didn't make pizza last night (too tired), Julie wasn't at practice to chat with, and I had a right to be nervous about the kitchen remodel meeting (they came in over budget!). Shoot, I don't know what to do now.

I thought in the meantime (while I figure out what to do), I could tell you about our Family Meeting (sans Daddy) the other day. Sometimes we have Family Meetings just to let the girls in on upcoming events and talk about some issues we are having. So, for your amusement, here was our meeting agenda:

6/19 Family Meeting

I. Welcome

II. This Weekend's Events: Friday is "No Plan Day" until 4pm, Maria has a birthday party to go to and Mom has to work, Isabelle will have "Dad and Me" evening (update: they ended up going to the lake with the dog and showing her how to swim!)

Saturday: Isabelle's last soccer game, possibly fridge shopping in the morning, trying to invite poeple over for dinner (update: nobody came, and we took the camera down to my parents to show them picture of the soccer game).

Sunday: Mom has to work, Dad is going to clean out shed

III. Next Week's Events:
I might have a work meeting on Tuesday. Pajama day is scheduled for Tuesday, but if that happens, we will move it to Monday. Our Big Birthday Shopping day with Emma and Isabelle will be on Wednesday and that evening is the big birthday party for 3 of us with the Jones side of the family. Friday we will be cleaning the house in preparation for Izzy's party on Saturday.

IV. Isabelle, we need to know what kind of party favors you would like at your party and what kind of cake you would like, please get back to me. (update: she wants cute Composition books and pens for her friends and a white cake with lemon filling).

V. Today: We will be cleaning our bedrooms, wrapping birthday gifts, going to the orthodontist, walking the dog, going to soccer practice, and when we return home some friends will be here to borrow the kayak.

VI. Kitchen News: We will be going through stuff and moving things around over the next few weeks in preparation for the remodel. (update: we will be going through the furniture looking for spare change in order to remodel the kitchen).

VII. Good For You Awards:
Both Girls: Good job cleaning the dining room the other day, it looks outstanding!
Isabelle: Good job waking up twice this week in the middle of the night to walk the dog (while Mommy cleaned up dog sickness)
Maria: Good work researching various weather patterns acorss the world (she did this on her own, and now tracks something like 9 places around the world on her desktop).

VIII. New chore list is coming soon, keep your eyes peeled.

IX. Kid Announcements, or issues you would like to bring up:

Isabelle: "I have completed 1/5 of my summer reading program, I am taking it easy this year" (mind you it only started 3 days prior to our meeting).

Maria: "My store, Knick-Knacks, will be open today thru the weekend. I would also like to see more action with flushing the toilets upstairs and downstairs".

Ummm...that was HILARIOUS!! She is referring to some people forgetting to flush, she had already made a sign for one bathroom that said "Don't be in such a rush, please flush". That concluded our meeting and I think Morrie was a little put out that we didn't wait for him, but really it's there to let the kids know what is going on, I feel like he has a good handle on what is going on around here already. Watch, he's now going to comment that he has no clue what happens around here!!

2 comments:

Terrie said...

You are waaaayyyy to organized for me. I think if I called a family meeting my boys would think someone died. Good for you. Maybe I will learn something from your posts.

Atticelf said...

I like that family meeting idea although I expect that the section about "Kid Issues" would devolve into a long "he did/she did" diatribe. Yikes!