Tuesday, June 24, 2008

10 and 10

Ten Not So Great Things About Today:

1. It's 1:00 and I'm still not dressed, although on the calendar the kids and I had written down that today WAS pajama day. They however are already dressed and I'm feeling a bit out of it.

2. The dog stinks - literally.

3. Just when I think I'm done wrapping gifts, someone tells me there are more arriving in the mail today that need to be wrapped. It's like Christmas around here.

4. I can't seem to get the desk area cleaned at ALL, what is my problem???

5. I'm not sure how I am going to feed the kids dinner tonight, the schedule is too crammed...and I'm a single parent this evening...

6. My foot really hurts and I can't wait for this marathon to be over!!

7. I need someone to come in and make my bed every morning, it's not possible for Morrie or I to get this task done...ever.

8. I still don't understand much of anything about my camera...sigh...

9. I'm a little nervous about my meeting with the kitchen remodelers tonight...we're going over their final proposal on cost, schedule, etc.

10. It's flippin June 24th and it's 63 degrees right now, what is wrong with our planet??

10 Things That are GREAT About Today

1. I did get a lot of wrapping done already today and that is AWESOME.
2. My kitchen is CLEAN and there is no laundry in the washer, dryer or on the couch!
3. This marathon is ALMOST over!! This week is resting mostly, so that too is AWESOME.
4. I get to go shopping with my girls tomorrow and out to lunch.
5. The kids had a picnic lunch outside with the dog, and they looked so CUTE!
6. When I asked what things they wanted to do this summer, they only came up with "Go swimming with the dog in the lake". EASY!! I love low expectations!
7. I don't have to work today! Who doesn't love that???
8. ...ummm...this is harder than I thought....oh I know! I hope to see Julie today who was gone camping last week.
9. I am making pizza later...probably around 9pm, but I will make it anyway and eat it!!!
10. Shoot, I totally thought that last one was 10, I guess I need another one...We have lots of swimming plans for this weekend, and it's going to be HOT!!! YAY!!!

No comments: