Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Random Notes

The most exciting news of the week is that my new fancy camera is supposed to be here tomorrow!!! We're talking digital SLR here, and I can't WAIT to get back to snapping photos of our family. The kids are going to wonder why there is a big hole of no pictures...old camera broke...what can I say? That's why there are hardly any pics on this blog! The ones you see are either from friends or Morrie using his work camera. Sigh...

Just so you all know, Maria had me type up a document for her yesterday (which she later signed). She has vowed not to ever kill an animal...great, don't tell her that animals have to die in order to have spaghetti. I don't need an 8 year old vegetarian on my hands. I have enough menu trouble as it is. To top it off, I forced one 10 year old to eat salad lastnight (gasp!) and by forced I mean I said "Eat your salad before you eat your pizza". I'm soo mean.

I planted some new plants and turns out the place I bought them from is not so good. The plants practically died while I waited 2 days to get them in the ground. They were so dry, it's a wonder they even looked perky when I bought them. We'll see how they do, at least the week of rain that is coming will be good for them. I have to get out to Flower World where they really take care of their plants and get some good ones. Good thing I saved some room in my beds for better flowers...now if only we could finish weeding the beds so we could plant something...sigh... I have to mention here that my husband is the best weeder ever and has been spending hours out there taking care of our yard. Love you honey!!

Can you say "Only 9 more days of school!!!!" with me??? By the time May rolls around I am so DONE with school and waking up and driving, blah blah blah. I can't wait for summer. Now, last year I got nothing done because summer seemed way busier than I thought it would be. This year I am preparing myself for business and hope that I don't get overwhelmed like a dear caught in the headlights, just standing there wondering what it is I should be doing. By the time mid July hits, I am ready for them to be back in school. We'll see how this year goes.

It's STILL my birthday month and I am enjoying every minute of it. I am happily ignoring the fact that bewteen family and Maria's little friends that we have 8 OTHER birthdays and 3 father's to celebrate as well. I told the girls that I am taking them out to my favorite Thai restaurant for lunch on the said holiday and I got "I don't LIKE Thai food!". Well, great, then this should be really fun for Mommy on her special day. Maybe they can just SIT there and WATCH me eat my favorite Thai food.

Okay, I have to go plan someone else's birthday, those little invites aren't going to get themselves in the mail, and we have umpteen cards and gifts to purchase. Good thing I am going to Costco. Buying in bulk means everyone gets the same thing, right?

4 comments:

Morrie said...

I LOVE Thai food! Take me, take me :-)

Happy 15 years by the way.

Thanks for the weeder comment. I thought my weeding tank was empty but you just gave me another 1/4 then I'm done :-D

Andrea said...

Hey baby, I will take you to Thai food anytime!

Morrie said...

How 'bout now?

Bethany said...

Hey, I like Thai food, take me! Take me!