Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Still My Birthday Month

In case you were wondering, yes, you still have 5 shopping days left, but again, I am a fan of the "Birthday Month", so give yourself time to think of deeply meaningful gifts if you need it.

I got my camera, I got my camera, I got my camera!!!!!!! I have been trying to photograph everything in sight for 2 days, but now I really need to figure out the options on the camera. I am going to be calling in favors from all my peeps who I know who use the digital powers. Look out!

Well, school is almost over, just field day and one last mass to go to and we are outta there!! It's a good thing too, they have sickness going around there like you wouldn't believe. We need to get those kids away from each other. Fifths disease and strep are practically an epidemic there.

I am headed to bed, I know, it's only 6:30, but I messed up my ankle and I need to get off it. I'm too embarrassed to use crutches, so I hobble around during the day and of course, by evening it is really sore and not happy. Hmmm...this needs to heal itself soon because I have a 9 mile walk on Saturday and I have skipped my 5 mile walks this week. Any suggestions would be appreciated...specifically motherly advice, massage therapist words of wisdom, or personal trainer orders. Thanks in advance! (Don't mention ice or ibuprofin, I'm already there!)

4 comments:

fooiky said...

Try throwing some heat on it for while after icing. Annecdotally, I swear the heat helped heal up my rhomboid/subscap insertion point injury and actually, my ankle is under the heat lamp right now as I type.

Andrea said...

Ohh, Thanks L! I haven't tried that one yet.

Morrie said...

I will kiss it for you tonight. <3 ya!

Terrie said...

I would ice on and off 20 minutes at a time. Of course, also you need to stay off of it. I could help you more if I knew what the injury was??? I don't know about doing a 9 mile walk. Is it swollen???