Sunday, June 1, 2008

GOOOOAAAAAAAAL!!!

WHAT AN EXCITING WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!! Maria kicked in her goal so hard that it moved the entire goal (they are portable PUGG goals)! I literally ran with Maria as soon as she finished her cheer for the other team and got in the car to get to Isabelle's game. Isabelle was playing center midfielder and I was so excited for her to have several shots on goal. As a defender she usually doesn't have that chance, so I didn't even care if the goalie caught the ball, I was cheering anyway. But then, Isabelle made a goal! She kicked it high over the goalie's head and it was THRILLING! Then, this girl of mine did something she has never done before...she made another goal! It was too cool. Now, typiaclly the forwards make the goals, well, because they are there! For this game we had the assistant coach only and he shuffled things around a bit and 2 other girls who aren't normally in position to do so, also made goals. It was so fun. The best part, was watching the other girls give Isabelle high fives as they ran back. I think it did wonders for her self confidence and made her feel like she does in fact belong in select soccer.

We also saw the Jr. High play that night (A Little Princess) and the girls always think that is the most exciting thing ever to see the older kids taking on these great characters. Isabelle will have the chance next year to try out for a part in the play, do make-up, or be a part of stage crew. I think she watched the play in a different light this year as she had that in mind. I really hope that if she wants to try out for a part that she doesn't let her shyness hold her back. Now when Maria hits 6th grade, she will be asking for the lead I am sure...

I want to give a shout out to my sister, because my family hardly ever reads my blog (one un-named brother never even accepted the invite to view it!) and not only did she read it, but she commented on it...and we all know how much I love comments...(cough cough). So, thank you sister! I also want to give a shout out to those peeps who see me all the time, and read the blog everyday anyway!!! Thanks Mama Julia (that's hoo-liah)! Hey Lawrence, Terrie, Melissa, and well... maybe there's a 4th person out there, I'm not sure!

It's Monday, and it's my birthday month, so it's gonna be a great DAY!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Atticelf said...

Isabelle does belong there indeed! That was such a great spot for her and she really did shine. Yay, Izzy!

Terrie said...

You know I love reading your blogs. I wish I could finally get mine together. Keep writing!!

Morrie said...

*Cough, cough* I've been known to read (and comment) from time to time. You're calling me (again) so I have to go.

Andrea said...

That's because I love to talk to you on the phone honey! I will make a certain day's blog all about you, okay?

Emma said...

emmasaid,

I read your blog every so oftern and find out hings I didn't know even though we talked every couple of days. thanks to you our family stays in touch via your blog, emails and the telephone. Love ya Mom