Monday, April 14, 2008

Negligent Mom

Here's the deal: the kids' school gets out early on Mondays. Why? I don't know, but it's always been a hassle trying to remember what day it is and what time I need to be there. So, today, for the 2nd time in 4 years, I didn't remember to leave at the right time. I was late, as in 30 minutes late, and they had to go to the after school kids care place. Why does the school do this? Is it to mess with the Mommy mind? Can you imagine the mother's who have just had recent babies trying to make schedules and remember stuff??? I certainly hope I am not the only mother to has had this happen to them. I tried to tell the kids that if you think about it, I have been on time for an awful lot of Mondays (trying to divert attention from the gross error in judgement on my part). Their comment? "Mom, you were late, again!". Mind you, "again" is referring to last year, as in 2006! That was the other time I was late. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Atticelf said...

How is it that they remember every little "oops" of ours, but "forget" to do their chores? Hmmm...

Terrie said...

I am also guilty of this. My kid's school used to do half days. I would end up with a call "Mrs. Weaver your children are in the office because it was a half day!" Oops--I pick the kids up and they are crying. Finally, I think the school got the point since they no longer have half days. Thank God!