Saturday, April 5, 2008

Good ol' Vermont!

This is my brother, Aaron and I at his home in Vermont. I have been fortunate enough to see him twice in the past year. Both times were unusual circumstances and the rest of the family could not come with me. They were less than thrilled to see me off. This picture is from last April, and I just got back a week ago from my trip this year (and both of us look the same). Aaron is an amazing, compassionate, generous individual and I definitely count myself lucky to be his sister. FYI, April is not a good time to see New England. I would, perhaps, recommend early summer or maybe the fall when the leaves change (not that I have been there during those times), but not mud season. Last year I arrived mere hours after a wind storm and power was not restored until 4 days later. I almost cried as Seattle had just gone through the same thing 4 months prior. I can only handle so many "state of emergencies" in one year!


This is how happy my husband was when I stepped out of the car as I came home from a week in Vermont (this year). He worked from home, walked the dog, took the kids to school, ran around to gymnastics, soccer and Isabelle's youth group all week, and of course was thrown a few curve balls along the way. "Oh, Isabelle needs to bring snacks for 40 to youth group this week." What a guy! I will not be going anywhere without them for quite some time!

No comments: