Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Factory Tours

I have always been a big fan of shows where they tour factories and tell you how things are made. Made in America and How It's Made are very cool shows to zone out to - and I am always in the mood to zone out. Zone out from the laundry (I know how that is made), the dirty dishes, the stinky soccer socks...sigh...

I decided to share my Top 10 Factory Tours that I would like to go on (US tours found on factorytourusa.com). I have been on 1 in recent history and let's just say Ben and Jerry's Factory in 10 degree weather for someone who is allergic to dairy isn't the best time I ever had. Here we go:

10. Gibson Guitar Factory in Tennessee (mostly to make you know who happy)
9. Maple Grove Farms in Vermont (I love me some maple syrup)
8. Holualoa Kona Coffee Company in Hawaii (I can smell it now...)
7. Casa Bacardi Visitors Center in Puerto Rico = Fun in the Sun
6. Porsche Factory in Germany
5. Wily Wonka Candy Factory in Illinois (Laffy taffy anyone??)
4. Murano Glass Factory in Venice
3. Aalsmeer Flower Auction in Amsterdam
2. Pepsi (I don't know where their main factory is, but I need to go there)
1. Crayola in Pennsylvania (the smell of the crayons, the new pens...looooove it)

While researching my favorite factories, I came across some that...well...made the Bottom Ten List. You will never see me in:

10. Sechler's Pickles Inc. Indiana
9. Pacific Oyster Co. Oregon (It stinks from here)
8. Spam Museum Minnesota -I know it's a museum, but it is listed with the factory tours
7. US Borax Inc California - my skin is crawling already
6. Idaho National Lab - home of 52 nuclear reactors
5. Flex-A-Bed in Georgia - I just imagine at least one worker getting stuck each day
4. Hoegh Pet Casket Company Missoura
3. Musk Ox Farm Alaska
2. Intercourse Pretzel Factory Pennsylvania (what??)
1. The Old Muffin Factory Kansas (speaks for itself)

World Trivia To-Go:
Name the Mediterranean country located on the Balkan Peninsula that is Europe's number one producer of cotton:

(Isabelle answered this question correctly in her school Geography Bee to take her to the finals)

Greece

No comments: