Friday, May 2, 2008

Vogue

So here I am, all dressed up (for once!). I love to get dressed up, as long as it's not winter. What woman wants to wear a dress in the winter?? Morrie (looking rather dapper himself in a black suit) and I went to the kids' school auction. The pressure was on! A few mom's had asked me what I was wearing...my thought was to hit the closet about 4:30 the afternoon of the auction and pick something out. Oh No. I started to hear rumors of new dresses, and moms going over to eachother's homes to get opinions of several choices. Uh-oh. Then I somehow ended up having to go up on stage for a few minutes to hold Isabelle's class project. Double uh-oh. I had to reconsider my options. I had the black pants (circa 2002) or the black capri pants (circa 2005). Of course the top would be my one nice top...that I have work to every semi nice event in the past 2 years. WHAT? I don't like to shop for fancy clothes!! Not only are they expensive, but I have little time to wear them. PLUS, they tend to be clingy...who likes that? LIttle did I know that baggy dresses are in! They were all over the place in every store. It was awesome. I mean really, really awesome. The dress I choose was uber comfortable and not clingy (YAY). Every girl needs red shoes to go with a black and white dress, so... I had been wanting some new red heels for quite a while now, and I just love these. Surprisingly, they too are comfortable. Okay, enjoy, because who knows when I will have another chance to dress up. Next years' auction has a theme of a...circus. Oh great, what the heck does a person wear to that?



2 comments:

Atticelf said...

Hey! I commented yesterday. Where did it go?

The gist was...watch out Top Model Chiquitas (fashion faux pas here - can't think of a single top model's name) cuz Andrea's in the house.

You look Fa-a-a-abulous, dahling.

Boys-R-Us said...

Sooooooo CUTE!!!! Love, love, LOVE the shoes!!!