Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ouch!

Well, the weekend came and went. It was 90 degrees and now it's rainy and 53 degrees. Maria had fun (of course) at her soccer game. Isabelle had a rough game in the oppressive heat. I think it was hotter down south than it was here at home. The poor girl was spent, I think her whole face was reddish/purple at half time. It was hard for her to run, she was so tired. They on;y had one sub, so Isabelle never came out of the game until the last 3 minutes. She got hit with the ball in the arm, the head and then finally got hit really hard in the stomach. I could tell she wasn't okay, but her back was to me and the coach. I said "She's not okay" and he subbed her out. She came over wheezing "Mom...wheeze...I...wheeze...need. ..wheeze...some...wheeze... water." It was heart wrenching! Her eyese were full of tears, but she wouldn't let herself cry, which of course made me want to cry! Ever since then she's been coughing a lot and even lost her voice for a while Saturday night. The doctor says her lungs and heart are fine, and didn't suspect any cracked ribs, but it will take a little while for her to recover. Either that or the ball somehow caused her to get a virus and she got sick right after getting hit...that sounds weird...She has a day off from practice today so she is also satying home to rest.

The ballet Giselle was fun, a little too air conditioned, but it was great. The theatre was so small, only 14 rows, and the sets were beautiful. We could tell right away who her friend was and that seemed neat for Isabelle. Okay, I'm running late again this morning for breakfast, so I must GET OFF the computer!!

1 comment:

Atticelf said...

Andrea, that's rotten. I hope Eyeball is better soon. Give her some extra TLC from Kiana and I.