Monday, May 12, 2008

After All This Time...


The scene: Halloween 2000, in Kingston. Kiana (the lion) is licking her lips having just had a tasty morsel from her stash. Isabelle (Elmo- sans the Elmo head) is looking for a tasty morsel. They are hanging out on the local firetruck, not interested at all in the wonderous thing a firetruck can be, but more intrigued by what lay in their pumpkins.
Jump to one year later. Kiana is all bummed that she has to be a lion (again) and Isabelle (Tigger) is clearly feeling her pain. Maria has no idea what is going on- this was her first Halloween! Devon (Kiana's little bro) is the pumpkin and probably has just figured out that he gets to have candy all night (hence the grin).






Kiana and Isabelle. After all these years... 10 years has come and gone and look at them now! All grown up (well, almost!). I love this picture (thanks Julie!!). This is from this weekend where they played the Panthers. It was a tough game, and they lost, but I have to say, it was a pleasure just to stand and watch them. The girls had no subs (2 teammates were gone) and so they played the whole game. I don't think Isabelle has ever played better, she really has enjoyed playing with a team full of girls that loves the game as much as she does!






Just wait, Julie and I will be snapping pictures of these ladies all year, and you will probably be sick of it, but we just can't get over them! I'm sure I will dig up some more "Now and Then" moments...I have a birthday picture in mind from when Isabelle turned 5...I should really stop spending so much time doing this!!! Yes, the laundry needs to be done, and the dishwasher might need to be run...but at least Isabelle can look back and see how much we enjoyed watching her grow and experience friends, Halloweens, soccer games..etc




2 comments:

Atticelf said...

Laughing AND crying! Look how little they were. Man, time flies...

Very cool,
Julie

Atticelf said...

I just have to add that I can't wait until Kiana gets home so I can show her this. :)