Thursday, May 1, 2008

Student of the Week

Maria was FINALLY student of the week this week. She has been waiting patiently all year to be chosen. Every month when they are announced I have heard "I'm not Student of the Week...again!". So, the exciting day came, we spent days picking out just the right pictures for her to bring in, deciding what book to bring etc etc. Morrie and I we able to go in and have Maria introduce us and watch as she used a pointer (!) and described her pictures. She was thrilled to be the STAR of the show (what's new???). She had a hard time deciding what was her favorite toy to bring in should be, so instead she brought 6 of her favorite rocks from her Rock Collection. Can you say "Geology Major" anyone?? Well, it's between that and fashion designer, we'll see. She wore her cowboy boots to school yesterday (with her plaid skirt) because it IS difficult to portray personality when you are all wearing a uniform!! This girl is so busy right now, I'm surprised she doesn't have her own palm pilot to keep everything in check. Stay tuned for her exciting First Communtion pictures early next week.

Alright, I have to go. The dog chewed up her dog collar yesterday and I have to find a replacement. Why isn't the laundry EVER done and who made the computer desk such a mess??? Can I have a calgon moment at 9:45 in the morning?

3 comments:

Terrie said...

Nothing like spicing up the uniform. I remember I had a pair of pink and gray Converse high tops. They were the best!!

Andrea said...

Converse...are back! Maria has a grey/pink pair (lowtops) and a hightop pair that have cats all over them. She thinks they are super cool!

Boys-R-Us said...

Calgon moment....you bet!! As Jeff's favorite quote from a movie says "does that make it too early or too late?" They were referring to drinking in the movie....but also applies here. :) Having many of these moments lately myself since little puppy came into our lives.