Thursday, December 4, 2008

My New Favorite Blog!

So my friend told me about this hysterical blog. It belongs to someone whose family is very old friends of ours, so I was happy to catch up with her life again. You can find it at www.mrsmouthy.com. She always ends with what they are having for dinner, and it's pretty impressive (seriously, they really eat like this). So here is what she posted recently:


"WHAT’S COOKIN’ 2NITE:BraciolaCauliflower Gratin
…and because someone asked yesterday, braciola is a flank steak rolled with parmesan and provolone that’s pan-seared on all sides, then cooked with wine and marinara sauce for 2 hours. It is pure awesomeness. If you ask for the recipe and prove your worth, I will painstakingly type it up and post it so you can all sigh and groan and wish you had such mad cooking skills as me."

So I would like to impress you all and end with what WE are having for dinner tonight. We are having leftover (it's good already huh?) Taco Stuff (yes, that's what we really call it) in a bowl with smashed up chips and ripped up lettuce. Perhaps a spoonful of sour cream thrown in as long as the sour cream doesn't smell too sour. I know, you are jealous...

3 comments:

Terrie said...

Don't worry Andrea. We had chicken breast, corn and baked beans. Nothing too exciting. Who the heck cooks like that every night.

Atticelf said...

That's not right. Who's got the time??? Ours was even better. I think we had ramen with what-do-I-need-to-use-up-in-the-fridge thrown into it. Mmmmmm....

Andrea said...

People, our dinners have ranked so low on the food scale lately, I would die if I could eat a lovely dinner every night! Maybe I'll ask her to adopt me. Sigh.