Saturday, December 6, 2008

Balls!

Well, I did a whole post about decorating and somehow blogger decided it wasn't good enough and erased it. Shoot. However, I do have one story left that I didn't tell earlier. Last year when I packed up all the ornaments, I was SUPER organized. Each container was packed in precision like manner. When the lid was lifted off this year, a large peice of paper said "Maria's Ornaments", or Isabelle's Ornaments", or "Family Ornaments", or "Balls". That way the girls would immediately know which box was their's and spend 45 minutes opening it without complaints of "Where is my Reindeer/Star/Santa/Etc ornament?????".

Well, needless to say the children were SO excited that they ripped the lids off the containers and grabbed the first package out of it and started unpacking. My beautiful signs drifted to the floor like some forgotton toy from "Toy Story". It took a whole day for my husband to notice a peice of paper laying around that said "balls". FYI, he is very, very sick, normally his radar would have picked up on it within 15 seconds. I look up from the computer and he has it conviently placed with a grin on his face. Then he staggered back to the couch and and said something that sounded like a 12 year boy (normal) whose voice is cracking (not normal, result of nasty cold).

1 comment:

Atticelf said...

ROFL...get better, Morrie!