Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I got a bargain, are you surprised?

We finally found a new kitchen table. I had 2 picked out at 2 different stores, but wasn't totally happy with either the quality or the prices. Our last table has lasted over 12 years, so I knew this one would have to last a long time as well. I also wanted to love the chairs, something that doesn't always happen. I have looked at craigslist countless times...been to store after store after store. I went to "Stupid Prices" (for those of you that don't know, that's where Costco sells their clearance or banged up merchandise). I had been there before and had not liked anything, but that was a few months ago. We went again yesterday and found the perfect table! The chairs in the picture still have the plastic wrapped around them - we're are still messy and dusty here! Bye the way, does anyone like the devil cat in the background?

So not only was it $600 off the original price, but there was a 3 day sale and we got an additional 10% off. Bonus, I LOVE the chairs! they have a farmhouse look about them, and I love farmhouses. We got 6 chairs, but I will find a place in the house for 2 of them, as all 6 in the room is a bit much. It also came with 2 leaves, which extend the table to an INSANE length, probably to be used twice a year, but they are there if we need to seat 12 - or if the 4 of us really need our own personal bubble to eat in.

2 comments:

Terrie said...

Love it! I didn't know that Costco sold their stuff to Stupid Prices. I will have to go and check that out.

Deborah said...

I love that table! That is the table I have always wanted. Love the trestle table non-leg banging up, love the color, wood etc. Totally jealous. Well done!