Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cross Country!

Once again, we come to the end of another (blessedly short) cross country season. We had awesome weather this season, and not one meet was rainy! The first two meets Maria ran against about 60 other 3rd grade girls, and for the final one, she ran against 140 third grade girls. WHOA!
Before the meet she told me she wanted to come in first place (and I had no idea how many kids would be running). Here is a picture of the girls from her class who run with her. Maria is on the left end.
So here Maria comes down the finish line...in 13th! OMG, 13th out of 140?? This kid rocks! She again passed several kids on the last hill and coming into the finish. I just have to say LOOK OUT for when she starts track! I feel this blog has been me mostly bragging about the kids lately...but you should know that the kids read this blog, and how cool is it to read that your Mom thinks you are awesome? Sometimes me telling them just isn't enough.

3 comments:

Atticelf said...

That is amazing! Way to go, Maria!

Terrie said...

Your kids are amazing. That is so cool. I wish they had Cross Country at my kid's school.

Morrie said...

Look at her - her feet don't even touch the ground!