Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gymnast Extradonaire

Maria had her practice gymnastic meet in preparation for her first real one next month. The girls were sooo excited to be wearing their team leotard and performing with nobody else in the gym. They started with warm up and moved on to each apparatus where each of the 18 girls performed their routine. Maria is at the top of these group pictures.











Introducing the level three girls!


Maria watching a teammate perform.
I had to make several adjustments to my camera to even make these pictures work in all the flouresent glory that is a gym. Even though these aren't great, I really tried, and I hope to pick some minds and do better next time. I just can't imagine what the parents got who were using their phones to take pictures!





Flying on the bars!













The floor routines were done in groups of 2, they were so fun to watch!




















Maria looks like she is giddy with relief as she sits down with her partner after the floor routine.









Beam time!
























The girls crowd around Nancy, their coach, for some love. I can't tell you who loves more, the girls loving Nancy, or Nancy loving the girls! She is the most encouraging and patient coach I have ever seen, in any sport! That does say a lot, because as some of you know, Isabelle's coach is VERY patient and calm compared to every other coach I have seen! But Nancy acts like she would love to take home these girls every week! Godd job Maria!












3 comments:

Atticelf said...

Those are great! I see an Olympian in your future...

Unknown said...

Nice Andrea! She is on her way.
Take the fast food job for the discounts

mrsmouthy said...

How fun!!! And I can't BELIEVE how much she looks like you!