Monday, February 21, 2011

We had over 5 hours of soccer fulfillment at one field this weekend. It was about 35 degrees when we arrived at 8:15 in the morning and probably a whopping 40 when we left. I thought they were going to have to remove my toes due to frostbite. Then I came up with a good idea to stay warm: hug Isabelle every time she walked by me. She may have been less than overjoyed.


(can you see it in her eyes? "Please make her stop! Get my mom off me!!")

Isabelle knew that in order to stay warm, she was going to have to make it a physical game.

She is saving a goal from being made in this picture.

She is about to squash this player.


Do you see her arm sneaking up and grabbing the girl in white? I asked her about this later and she had no recollection of it.



I think Isabelle is about to take this girls legs out form under her.


Ball velcros to knee:

We finally made it home after 2 exciting wins. When we got home we had some picking up to do (no big shocker here, since we are never home during the week, we have a lot of catching up to do on the weekends). I won't torture you with the details. Let's just say I used lots of paper towels and windex. I think those 2 items can pretty much clean anything. Everything looks clean when it is shiny. Right? Somehow the piano didn't take too well to the windex.
Just when I thought we had it pretty well taken care of, I looked up and realized we still had our Valentine's decorations up.



Next thing I know, Maria is telling me her ear is plugged, and after 9 days of having a cold, that means a Sunday trip to urgent care (good excuse to leave up the decorations for now!). Confirmed ear infection. Oh and guess what? Apparently our insurance plan has had some changes with the new year, and I had the pleasure of paying $64 for the antibiotics. The same antibiotics that cost me $10 last year. (insert health care debate here)

Well...shoot. When she goes and looks like this, my heart gets all melt-y and I am putty in her hands. I just want her to feel better so I can stop worrying about her and make sure her ears don't hurt anymore. Today I was able to stay home and ask her a 63 times how she was feeling, smoothed her hair back 745 times, asked her to put on a sweatshirt 14 times and told her it was okay to lay down with me as long as she slept on Daddy's side of the bed (I only had to say that once to have her hop right in).


No comments: