Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Very American Girl Christmas!

I think the girls have been asking for American Girl dolls for 3 years now. Two years ago we got them fake American Girl dolls. That basically means they are the same size and can wear the clothes and look like them. They knew the difference (and we weren't trying to pull one over on them, but we hoped they saw the wise economical difference). No luck. They continued to ask for them. Isabelle wanted the "Girl of the Year - 2008", Mia, because it looks just like Isabelle. Maria wanted a "Just like Me" doll, very specifically, the one with light brown hair with highlights, blue eyes, and freckles. She would say that whole entire thing every time I asked her what she wanted for Christmas! Here is Isabelle opening hers at my parents. Notice how excited Kim is in the picture - I think she kind of wants one for herself!






Maria opened hers up the next day at Morrie's parents, and was just as surprised herself (although ever hopeful I am sure).







She wouldn't let it out of her sight! I think I was getting a little too close here. Back off Mama!





2 comments:

Big M said...

Yes, I love her very much mom!

mrsmouthy said...

I so hope I have a girl in the next couple years and that American Girl dolls are still around when she's interested in them in 2015. Those dolls rock!