Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas: Part I

I have several days worth of posting from all the Christmas pictures and the absurd snow accumulation pictures, so get prepared! Merry Christmas Aaron!!! (because I know you are checking this. So here is Christmas Eve, in typical blogspot fashion, reverse order: Reading "The Night Before Christmas" in Maria's room with 47 thousand dog/horse pictures to keep you company!
Brian and Kim supplied all the kids with Reindeer antler headbands (because if you don't look goofy, it ain't Christmas at our house!). Seriously though, could there BE anymore sisterly love going on here? I can't get enough of this!


Maria is opening Uncle Aaron's gift, the tiny horse box. Perfect for all those special items that little girls collect! I do believe she got some new earrings that will fit just right in there.


Maria opening Uncle Aaron's second gift : the awesome horse coloring kit (my kind of kit!). She was super impressed when we opened it and she saw each item that was included, stickers, stained glass coloring sheets, horse facts, you name it, she has it (don't be surprised if you see me sporting a hrose tattoo on my bicep soon).



Here are the girls right before we started to opened gifts, all the anticipation is just spilling uot of them, they can hardly stand it!! Actually, I think they are annoyed that the adults are taking too long doing God knows what when we should be handing out gifts instead!




Some guys have all the luck! Since mostly women read my blog though, should I be worried that the ladder will somehow end up in my spot in bed? How much can someone even WANT a ladder to begin with?





In case you don't get to hang around any 17 year olds, they like to only be with one another. When they HAVE to be with family (ugh) they like to text each other and talk about how soon they can be together again. You go from unbridled joy as a 10 year old at Christmas to THIS. I don't think I am prepared.












2 comments:

Terrie said...

Looks like a wonderful day! BTW- the texting and not wanting to be with the family starts earlier than 17 - try at least 13 or 14!

Unknown said...

Thanks sister