Monday, December 8, 2008

The Coolest Thing that Almost Happened To Me

I got a call from the spa asking me to call a potential client that was asking for me specifically. I called, and it was someone's work. Not that unusual. The woman identified herself and told me that I was referred to her by a client of mine that works for her. Not unusual (but it was weird that I was calling her, what kind of medical problem did she have that she wouldn't divulge when she orginally called the spa?).
She asked if I would be available to go on a company trip with them from Dec. 28th through Jan 5th. When I asked if it was local or not, she responded "Let's just say it's off the mainland". Then she told me I would be given more information upon my availability (what is this, the FBI?). I said that I would have to look into it and I could get back to her by tomorrow afternoon. When I verified the dates she said "No, Dec 28th through Jan. TWENTY FIFTH." Hmmm...out of the country for a month, not likely I will find someone to do all the Mom work for an ENTIRE MONTH lady, are you crazy? Instead of saying that, I said I was not available for a whole month, but I could be available for 7 days. Then she went on to say (after sounding very dissappointed) that someone would be making an appointment with me during my regular hours at the spa (and she wasn't happy that I only worked there 2 days...some people do not spend 24/7 at their job LADY!).
Anyway, for about 8 seconds I was thinking I might be on some exotic trip for a whole week, massaging and making loads of mula. It was the best 8 seconds I have had in while. Keep it clean folks, keep it clean.

1 comment:

mrsmouthy said...

Hey Andrea! That is a cool thing that almost happened to you. The coolest thing that ACTUALLY happened to me today was I received an invitation to view a blog...a PRIVATE blog, no less. :)

Hopefully I'll find some time to read a bunch of your older posts but right now my cat son needs me.