Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our Email Marriage

Here are some snip-its from Morrie and my emails today:

Me: After having inexplicable pain in my hip for 20 minutes this morning while I sat at my desk, I have survived.

Morrie: Wow, I'm glad you survived the Hip Scare of '08. Did they send "Danger" Jim Foreman out for a special report?

Later...

Me: Keep emailing me, I am NOT swamped today. I am working on this filing project that isn't important and I have until the end of the month to finish it. I have nothing in my inbox, BOO, and that means I need to send out more reference emails, when really I should be calling them. I hate, and I mean HATE using the phone in cubicle land when everyone is here. I usually wait until they go to lunch or something. Yummy, Dr. Pepper at 10:30 in the morning. I'm fat... I wonder why...sigh...

Morrie: So far work has been a lesson in frustration, but a little JD from the drawer goes a long way...

Me: The person closest to me stepped away so I threw a pretzel in my mouth, I'm sooo bad, you know they are forbidden in cubeland, right?

Morrie: For reals? All pretzels or just wheat ones?

Me: Wheat free pretzels are always okay, but they don't know what kind I am eating, I bet they think I am CRAZY.

Morrie: Why would they think you are crazy???

Me: Shut up! They just went to lunch so I need to hurry up and make some calls…

Morrie: I seriously wasn't being funny then...

No comments: