Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Expose with Mrs. Mouthy

I am so excited. This is my first professional interview with someone. It is an "expose" of sorts. You will be allowed into a world of intrigue, mystery and suspense.

Oh wait, that is something else I was thinking of...this is just me asking a few questions to a very funny, thirty-something, kinnect addicted mother. I have known her...let's see...I think my whole life. No hold on...she is younger than me, so I guess I have known her HER whole life. We like to communicate via sarcastic filled emails even though I drive by her street twice a day. One night I am going to just drop by and see how that goes.

She is a blogger (like me), she is very creative (like me), she is funny (like me), and after that she is decidedly NOT like me. She likes to cook, she makes fun of her husband WAY more than I make fun of Morrie, and she has to play boy games as she has all boys. I know NOTHING about cooking or how to be a mother to little boys.

You can find the stories she references and other funny musings at: www.mrsmouthy.wordpress.com
(I am the BOLD, and the is not. What? It's my blog and I make the rules here).

Name: "Mrs. Mouthy"
You live with...: "Husband, son, baby son, and gay cat"
You wish you lived with: "Your entire family in our basement"
(this can be arranged to begin on Thursday)

List 3 hobbies: "Cooking, Scrapbooking, and Entertaining"
(this sounds suspiciously like Martha Stewart, and let me tell you, her skills are also suspicisouly like Martha Stewart)

Now, really list what you do in your spare time: "Have Epic battles with older son, try to keep baby from crying (failing right now), and clean the blimey pasta maker"

What Chef would you most like to have cook a meal for you and why: "Giada DeLaurentiis b/c she's hhhhhhhhot (and she loves wheat and dairy)"
(I can't believe she knows that chick's last name. Morrie also thinks Giada is hhhhhot)

I notice that your son rarely wears a full set of clothing. Can you elaborate on this? "Would you wear pants if you had legs like his?"

I also notice that your youngest son frequently wears footed pajamas. Are you trying to kill me with those? "BANG"

What are your favorite TV channels to watch? "Comedy Central, Food Network and whichever channel Kendra is on"
(I am so glad I am not the only one watching Kendra)

How did you and your husband meet?
"Blind Date. Incredibly, the minute our hands touched, he was no longer blind."

What was the nicest gift your husband ever gave to you?
"Can't disclose (it's not dirty though). Second favorite; my camera bag."
(She didn't fall in to my trap, let's rephrase that)

Did you keep it?
"Ohhh... I see what you're getting at. Ok, the nicest gift he ever got me was a $2,000 Louis Vuitton bag that I promptly returned. The next nicest was a $100 camera bag that I cherish. It is right now in the car, nestled between the stroller and half a hot dog I keep forgetting to throw away."

What is your biggest insecurity (don't worry, only like...five people read my blog)?
"That I have said something that offends someone or makes them not like me. I am so junior high. But seriously, only five people? Maybe you're the one who should be worried..."

Explain to the readers how much comments on your blog posts mean to you.
"Oh man. Like, I remember kind of feeling happy when I used to work and it was pay day. Comments are WAAAAAYYYY better than that."
(readers may now take the appropriate steps to leave comments after each visit)

Did anything about motherhood surprise you?
"I didn't know you get to feel that "falling head over heels in love" thing all over again... or that it would last this long."

What do you know about yourself today that you didn't know five years ago?
"That when faced with something inconceivably tragic, I will handle it with grace and strength."
(she is not kidding)

Does it feel like these questions are never going to end?
"These questions are all about me. I'm hoping they never end!"
The questions might not ever end because I will be laying awake tonight at 11:36 PM and probably think of some more.
"Please restate in question form."

Does it seem weird that we haven't hung out more together?
"It totally does. I blame you."

As you can see, Mrs. Mouthy is incredibly funny and I hope to bring you more expose interviews with other people who read this blog. However, I can't guarantee that an expose with my dad will be nearly as funny. Thanks Mrs. Mouthy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best blog post EVER!!!! I'm not just saying that because it's about me. Well, okay, maybe I am.

I'm glad I've gotten this whole Kendra thing out in the open. Thanks for coming out of Kendra's closet with me.

Atticelf said...

No wonder I never see you anymore. She is WAY funnier than me. :P

Atticelf said...

Oh no. Another blog to follow...

Andrea said...

Julie- I wish I saw people. I never see anyone. I have forgotten what my friends look like. But I keep pics of the kids with me, so I always know them when I see them.

j said...

I LOVE Mrs. Mouthy's blog and don't understand why it isn't bigger than Duece (cause really, Mrs. Mouthy is WAY funnier).

And yeah, she wasn't kidding when she said she can go through tragedy with grace and strength. I am knocked out by her.

Awesome interview!

Lisa said...

Do you mean Dooce? If so, that's because she got fired for her blog which made national headlines. Maybe Rachel can work that somehow. :)

I do think Rachel is funnier than Dooce. If you did mean Deuce, then I don't know who that is … and this entire comment is null & void.

I LOVE MRS. MOUTHY!