Monday, January 17, 2011

Either or...

I have 2 scenarios that happened to myself this week and I can't decide which was worse.

Scenario #1: It is a holiday, and although I have to work, I am making the best of it. I have made it to work early. Therefore, I get to leave work early. AWESOME! I check the bus schedule, make my plan and scoot out a little before 5:00pm. I am very excited to have some extra time with the kids this evening.

As I run to the bus stop I imagine catching this super early bus, getting across the lake with enough time to run to the grocery store and STILL be home early. This is going to be GREAT. Best night EVER.

I arrive at the bus stop and wait for a few minutes. Then my stomach drops into my feet as I realize, I went to a different park and ride this morning and the bus that will actually take me to my car is actually 3 blocks away from where I am currently standing.

Shucks! Alright....I may have made an exclamation that was not shucks.

I RUN to the bus stop that I am really supposed to be at. I wait. I wait. I call Morrie to have him check the schedule online for me. I wait. I wait. I have seen multiple buses going to everywhere except to where I want to go. Where is my bus? I wait.

Apparently, I had just missed my bus as I was standing 3 blocks over at the wrong bus stop...and being a holiday, the bus I was waiting for never came. Metro calls it a "holiday schedule", so I sat there for over 30 darn minutes. In the cold. In the wind. My plan shot to hell.

Eventually I made it home. Was this night in question better or worse than...

Scenario #2: I am buying some beer. The cashier rings it up and the cash register literally beeps at him and "CHECK ID" pops up on his screen.

Wait for it...

He hits the override button and tells me my total is $23.50.

Really? Sigh...

Am I old enough to have them not even take a second look? To not even consider that I could maybe, possibly require an ID check?

This blows.

1 comment:

Atticelf said...

How cute! You're officially a grown-up now. Just wait 'til somebody calls you "ma'am". That REALLY bites.