Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Update, Part 1

Maria's First Soccer Game!
Well, it's not her first game ever, just for the season! She did awesome, as you would expect...and the pictures don't lie...is that my kid vs. the whole other team??
Here she is taking on the biggest player she can find. She kept really awesome field position, which means a lot when the girls are still running around in a scrum. Maria held back and played a very good forward position, taking several breakaway shots. She also loves to run, so she ran back a few times to be the first on defense when one of their players had a breakaway down the field.

Several parents complimented me on Maria's playing skills and even said "This must really be her thing". Well, it's 3rd on her list of sports she really loves!! Gymnastics and cross country are above soccer. Now that I am done BRAGGING, I was amazed at the skills of the other girls on her team. They will be a lot of fun to watch as they get older.



And here's the dog playing with her very dusty toy bear in the "kitchen". Do you see what I mean when I say everything is white?? I don't even want to consider how much drywall dust I have eaten lately. Stay tuned for Isabelle's game pictures, it was a rough one!

1 comment:

Atticelf said...

I love it! Way to go, Maria!