Sunday, September 21, 2008

How was your weekend?

Surprisingly, ours was filled with soccer...I had a terrible week with a very sick cat (which was too gross to tell you about) and Isabelle was home sick for 3 days. I think I heard Maria coughing this morning, but I am going to pretend I didn't. Isabelle made it back to school on Friday and played her soccer games on Saturday. Morrie and I had to split up as the kids played at the same time. Morrie took Maria to her game where she had to try out goalie, and I'm pretty sure she didn't enjoy it, as it doesn't involve running.

I took Isabelle to her Nationals game. She played against "Fire" from Stanwood, and tied 2-2. For a kid who wasn't feeling her best, she sure did give it everything she had! She repeatedly went up against this #15 during the game (top 2 pics) and battled for the ball. It was a pretty fair game and the ref was great, he had a smile on his face the whole time!

These are the girls celebrating after their second goal! Janaye made an awesome goal from a free kick.



OMG, look at her take on all those girls!! It was pretty rainy and chilly (well, not really cold, but after summer weather, it felt chilly) so the kids all had on their long sleeves.

3 comments:

Terrie said...

That last picture looks like she almost drew blood. Pretty tough little girl you two are raising!

Atticelf said...

Isabelle did great! What did Maria have to say about her goalie experience?

Andrea said...

Maria did NOT enjoy having 3 goals go past her!!