Friday, October 8, 2010

Tattoos and the Sherwood Forrest

These are fast feet. They are 10 years old. They make a statement. They say "I am not a fan of pink running shoes". They say "My mom has to take me to a special store to avoid the pink running shoes".

This is the cross country team's logo.
Personally, it feels like the winning takes place at the finish line.

The kids get to race in the Sherwood Forest. It is cute, idyllic and full of 1000 people on the other side.
Here is Morrie being conned into a volunteer job. He had to record times as the kids crossed the finish line. See what I mean about the winning at the finish line?

Here is one of Maria's favorite part of race day. Hanging out with her girlfriends. I never realize how many freckles she really has until she stands next to someone without any.


Here are the girls placing tattoos on their friends face.
And talking about EVERYTHING that has happened in the 36 hours since they saw eachother last.

Remember what I said about 1000 people? I wasn't kidding. Here is just the girls in Maria's grade running- there were 50 of them (and this is just half the schools- the other half ran earlier that day!).



You HAVE to run with ankle socks that don't show, and your shirt tied up in back. Otherwise you won't be as fast. Or as fashionable. Please remember that this is the girl who came down to the kitchen when she was 4, not wearing the clothes I had laid out for her, but wearing all black. She then went on to say how she had been wanting to wear all black to preschool for quite some time.
Who?
What?
All black?
Yes, we have this moment on video.

It's a big personality in that little body.

Girl, looking at this makes me tired! 1 mile, full on.


And that's how you finish in 10th place out of 50.
And this is my other child, completely ignoring my existance for unknown reasons. She is in the white sweatshirt. Not talking to anyone. Just standing there. But definitely NOT sitting with her mom and her sister.




1 comment:

Fabio Jr. said...

A- Your hair looks super cute in those photos. Hubba hubba.