Monday, October 11, 2010

Road Trip #2

While Izzy and I were on road trip #2, this was happening at home.

The dog had her butt right on the arm of the chair. She was also licking the window. As you can tell, our home is the picture of health, cleanliness and order.

The cat was lovin on this baby doll. This is really his baby doll now. He Rubs his face against the baby's hands and feet at least 26 times a day.
That baby really loves him.
When I got to the first of our 2 game - roadtrip- kill me now- weekend, this is what I got to watch:
HEEEEY!
Stop makin my kid be goalie already! I didn't bring my Nitroglyceride. Nitroglycerine? Nitro something. Baby asprin? Baby shoes? I don't know, but I wasn't prepared for this.


I would say the pushing is about 50/50 here.

The game was so one sided, that Izzy, as the right back, was deep into the offensive corner, getting ready to cross to the forwards.
If you didn't understand anything I just wrote, it's ok. I still like you. However, we will be conducting soccer terminology 101 and 102 over the course of the next 3 weekends. Teacher bribes are welcome.
(I like french fries)

See this one? The is a millisecond before the girl slapped Izzy in the neck. The same girl just pushed Izzy face down into the mud. Of course, it was puring down rain.

Umm.....maybe before you decide to throw yourself into my kid, you could open your eyes and PLAY THE BALL!

Can I just tell you that it is 9:41 pm right now and Izzy is juggling the stinkin ball in the family room over and over and over and OVER? Is there never a moment of silence anymore? I do believe someone's sister is trying to sleep.


Now this is the fun part, after playing for over an hour in the pouring rain and mushy mud, Isabelle climbed in the car and we drove 3 hours to the hotel to get ready for the next days' game. The car didn't stink AT ALL.
Right.
The hotel is where we had the following conversation:

"Mom, do you have celiac disease?"
"Well, probably, but I can't get tested for it anymore."
"Why? Is it because you're too old?"
"Izzy, isn't time for you to go wash your jersey in the sink or something?"

I had to go out and get a heart monitor. Because I am so old. And because she keeps doing this:

I don't really have a heart monitor. That would be silly.
Here is a picture of my heart, running around, making my throat tighten and my eyes well up.


Stop growing up already. And stop calling me OLD.

Now, give me your fries.

No comments: