Thursday, October 7, 2010

And this is why I can't sleep at night

Soooo....Isabelle and I arrive in Pasco. She finds her friends at the hotel and I am left watching tv alone in the room.

Hey! This ISN'T so bad after all!

She is gone for a while as the girls are gathering for a team meeting somewhere. Who cares? I am watching TLC- uninterrupted!

She finally returns. She says "Umm...guess what mom? You know how we don't have any goalies for tomorrow? Well...I...ummm...volunteered to be one".

Then she picked me up off the floor and slapped my face a little. She may have splashed water on it as well.

Possibly.

Mostly probably.

And so she did.

Against the team currently in 1st place.

Here is our main goalie (see the concussion she has?) teaching Izzy everything she needs to know about being a goal keeper 30 minutes before the game. Because Isabelle has NEVER been one before! I have never allowed it!
The sun was in her eyes.
I wasn't watching.
Morrie wouldn't let me text him. He didn't want to know.
I was praying that there was no player on the other team who was fond of rushing the goalie.
See my heart palpatations?


Okay, phew! She made it back to the field.
You may be wondering why there aren't very many pictures of Maria. She is wondering as well. I haven't seen her play lately because first she was in Yakima, and then I was in Pasco. Morrie only had his imaginary camera with him. It is pretty hard to view those pictures. I heard they went to the fair before her soccer game and had a roaring good time.
Stinkers. We didn't do anything fun like that in Pasco!

No comments: