Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thankful

I am thankful for duct tape. You see, duct tape has kept my children occupied for most of the summer. They have made purses, large wallets, small wallets, gift card holders and roses. In all kinds of colors. They are self taught, and I had nothing to do with it. That's the cool part! They are making enough money selling them to keep them in stock of various patterns of colors of new duct tape every week. I told them when their inventory gets back up I will take some pictures for them! Then I will send them to China to have their products mass produced and I can quit my job.
I am thankful that I only WATCH soccer practice. Tomorrow Maria's team is running across the I-90 bridge. I hope none of them freak out. I would freak out. Then my knee would break and I would probably fall. Then I would start crying to have Morrie pick me up and carry me the rest of the way. Then he would tell me we haven't left the parking lot and could I just act like an adult. As I said, it's a good thing I just watch. Morrie is probably glad I just watch as well.
I am thankful for my camera! Isabelle had really long hair way back when, and I didn't take a picture of it before she cut it. It made me sad not to document it in it's full glory. Maria is about to cut her hair this week so I rushed her outside to snap a few photos. I can look back a few years from now and exclaim "Wow! It really was long!"
Now Isabelle can point out how once again, we have figured out how to do things with our second child that we screwed up on with our first. Sigh...Then I will tell Isabelle it's not a competition, but I did take her for a mani/pedi yesterday and not her sister. So there! Then Maria will tell me I owe her a mani/pedi (like she already did this morning) and I will tell her...shoot, I'm lost, I can't keep up, why do they always do this??


1 comment:

Atticelf said...

Do my eyes deceive me? What about the Sounders?!?