Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thanks Family!

I was able to go to Flower World today thanks to some awesome family members who gave me some plant money! I picked up a new spade (because the lawn mower kind of got my old one) and a new sprinkler (because the car tire kind of got the old one). I also got 2 Azalea plants (Pink Gumbo and hot pink Kaempo. I think they will go near the blue Hydrangea's in back.



I picked up my first Hosta - Francee - which I am really excited about. I don't have much shade so I had to make my 1 shade plant decision carefully.





Maria and I wandered all over, checking out vines, trees, annuals, it was so fun. We cam across this feathery silver plant, that turns into a low bush. It feels so cool.









These pretty pink verigated leaves are Pink Splash Hypoestes. My one splurge -they are an annual and I try not to get many of those! Finally, I picked up some Soapwart groundcover. I nkow- it seems like a lot of pink. However, the back yard is full of blue and white- so I had to balance it out. I have tons of purple and pink in the front and had to spread out the color. Thanks again, it was fantastic!!!







3 comments:

Andrea said...

Whew! I even got them all planted lastnight. I was very tired and dirty when it was all done.

Atticelf said...

It's going to look fantastic!

mrsmouthy said...

Next spring we'll have to swap--your calla lillies for my hosta. I have tons that needs dividing every year, and who cares if you put them in the sun? They're free!