Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Flocked!

Oh, those kids! I woke up on my birthday to discover we had been flocked. The teens at Holy Family are raising money for a mission trip this summer and this is how they are doing it. You can pay to have a dozen pink flamingos put in someones yard for 2 days. The volunteers move about the neighborhoods every 2 days under the blanket of darkness doing this.

You can also pay to do this to someone anonymously - but on my note I saw that Samantha did it!! You can pay extra to leave them for 4 days, you can in turn flock someone else, you can pay to protect your home and not have it done...I think it's a pretty funny fundraiser! They must have parked down at the main street and snuck up, we never heard a car (the dog would have barked) and all of the sudden they were there. Now if I can just keep the neighbor kid off my lawn it will be fine.



3 comments:

mrsmouthy said...

Our neighbors got flocked a couple weeks ago; I felt cool because I knew what it was all about. But I didn't know you could pay to have your home NOT flocked. Ingenious!

Atticelf said...

Excellent! I think you should keep them there...

Big M said...

Weren't the flamigos sooo cute!!!