Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer!!







Today is the first official day of summer break in our house. It felt so good when I woke up, forgot what day it was and then suddenly remembered! We celebrated by going out to dinner with my parents lastnight after I got off work. Morrie had taken the day off to take the kids to their last day (mass) and then followed with our annual trip to the library (the FIRST thing we do every year right after school lets out) and then spent the day with the kids. Here are some pictures I took this week in preparation for summer! Blogger is so weird, I can't figure out how to put them in the order I want. Anyway...1) My summer reading list, and I may vacuum the carpet they are sitting on. 2) I plan on napping a lot in the sun. 3) It will be soo hot that we will have to use our ingenius sponges (place them in a cooler of ice water and promptly squeeze over head when taking a break from soccer practice!). What will YOU do this summer? (this is my way of getting more comments, but at least JULIE will comment - that's my way of making everyone else feel guilty about not commenting).










2 comments:

Atticelf said...

LOL...I am so on it! Like that sponge idea and that you're perusing some classics.

Still trying to get excited about Alaska... :P

mrsmouthy said...

That's the difference between your family and mine. We would always hit up a candy shop the last day of school.