Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Things I don't understand

I did not understand my 70 minute bus ride tonight. I sat in the middle part of an articulated bus, so I had no windows to look out and for the entire ride, had no idea where we were. I had no watch and no phone to give me any sense of where I was in the space/time continuum. It was very confusing. At one point I was worried I would get off the bus and be in (gulp), Kent.

I don't understand how last night my salsa tasted perfectly delicious and tonight it is lighting my mouth on fire. Alright...Who messed with the jar today??

I don't understand Physics. At all.

I don't understand how my daughter can find joy in baking and how she made me the most wonderful gluten free/dairy free cookies today. I don't understand it, but I sure as heck will take it. Holy Cow, they are fabulous. I am already making plans to eat dinner at her house when she is all grown up.

I don't understand where the sun went. I go to work when it is dark, and the bus ride home is also dark. What happened to daylight? I miss it.

I don't understand how I can still be this excited for Christmas as an adult. Only now, my excitement is about the gifts I am giving and not the dollhouse or Big Wheels I hope to unwrap.

My Macro-Economics class in college was just a big misunderstanding. I think I thought I was signing up for Masters of Art History or something.

I don't understand how I can love babies so much, but not have one in my immediate presence right NOW.

I don't understand why Morrie doesn't want to sleep under 3 down blankets a 2 fleece throws every night.

Finally, I don't understand why the cat is so mad at me. He tries to eat my dinner when I am not looking, meows to go out but runs away when I open the door and won't let anyone hold him for more than 4 seconds. I want a refund.

He is 7, do you think that is going to be a problem?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you don't understand so much.

Are you pregnant?