Sunday, May 16, 2010

Random Notes

I have all these thoughts running through my head. I think, "Oh, I should put this on Facebook" and then I realize I can't post on FB a new status every hour...so you guys get my "updates":

1. Hmm...My child is pretty sensitive to Benadryl. Good to know.
2. Overheard a 17 year old say (in a shoe store) "It doesn't matter what shoes I get, I am going to be the best looking one at Prom anyway". WOOOOOOOOOOOW. So glad they teach humble attitudes to teenagers nowadays. She was with her MOTHER who made no comment.
3. First friendly scrimmage with Maria's new team was great. Mom is glad to be back in soccer season!!!
4. We killed it! I mean Isabelle killed it with a perfect score on her huuuge project/presentation/essay at school. It was for Humanities, we are still waiting for the art grade (in case you were wondering).
5. Shopping with a 10 year old and a 12 year old might have resulted in Mom purchasing a unusually bright green sweater for herself. May have to re-evaluate my shopping partners in the future.
6. However, shopping with those two has an up side: They think everything looks GREAT. Mom's self esteem likes to have them around.
7. Wait, that's how I got the ultra green sweater. Back to re-evaluating those two kids.
8. Field trip with the 4th grade was great, pictures coming soon. Didn't take pictures of the horrible traffic problems going both directions though. Sorry. I was trying to hang myself with the camera strap.
9. Do you know what the Benefits department forgot to tell me about my new job? That I would get home an hour after my husband, thus forcing him to make dinner every night. I don't know what they are going to charge me for that little number, but whatever it is, I'll pay it!!
10. Oh, the Sounders WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! Life is beautiful.


World Trivia To-Go:
The capital of Malawi is Lilongwe (lah-long-way). I like to say it. A lot. It's pretty.

1 comment:

Atticelf said...

Dang! Shouldn't have read this until I watched the stinkin' game. What was I thinking?

You've go me thinking about that whole working and getting home to fixed dinner thingy. Hmmmm....