Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My People!!

The girls and I were reminiscing about the tv shows they watched when they were little. I was loving the conversation as it brought me back to when they were small. As everyone knows, I love thinking about my girls when they were running around in onesies and holding sippy cups and saying silly things

All of the sudden Isabelle says "Bear in the Big Blue House!". I gasped and said "Oh yeah!". Maria had a blank look on her face. So I pulled up the show on You Tube and we watched.


All of the sudden, Maria shouts "THOSE ARE MY PEOPLE!".

Now before you go and start thinking that my kids had no friends besides the ones that visited us every afternoon through the television, this is what she is referring to:


 She had 5 figurines and a little replica of the set, or their "house", and she played with the people alllllll the time.  I laughed as I watched her remembering. The figurines were small and traveled easily, so I frequently would pack them up when we went to Grandma's for the weekend.

We had a good time remembering: Oswald, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, PB & J Otter, Dragon Tails, Arthur, Sesame Street, Max & Ruby, Little Bill, Out of the Box, Zaboomafoo, Sagwa, The Magic School Bus, Stanley, Blues Clues, Clifford, Cyberchase, Zoom, Franklin......

I wish I could remember what I used to watch and who My People were!



1 comment:

Morrie said...

Of course I've been having the theme songs running through my head all week!