Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Happy Surprise

 
I have been feeling guilty that the girls haven't had their pictures taken, professionally, for quite some time. Those feelings gnaw at my sense of motherhood, eating it away and screaming about how horrible I am.
 
I have found a cure to this ailment. I didn't even know it was happening, it just appeared before my eyes! Izzy will be taking a digital photography class this fall and wanted to test out my camera before hand. I said sure, handed it to her and she took off. I didn't explain anything about what metering, shutter spead or f-stop meant. Nadda.
 
She took off with her sister and came back some time later asking how to download the pictures. I was pleassantly surpirsed. I guess she was born with some sense of SLR knowledge. Is there a strand of DNA for this?
 








Thanks Izzy for catching these moments of your sister at 12 years old. Your mom is suddenly not so sad that her girls are getting older. Teach me everything you learn at school. Please and thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, with a post title like that I totally thought you were pregnant. But the photos are nice too.