Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Week of School

 
Most of the pictures I have seen on facebook about the first week include captions about families that will miss the beach, vacations and camping trips. I am just plain sad that my kids are getting so old. As a matter of fact, I think I need a weekend vacation to the beach, just to mull it over.
 
Isabelle gets up and leaves way too early for these kinds of pictures now. Humph...10th graders! But Maria is still a good kid and lets us squeeze her as hard as we want to.
 
 
 
 
 Izzy had her first week of school as well as her first 2 high school soccer games. Very exciting for this mom to be able to attend. Last year I missed all but one of her 9th grade games. She not only won her games but actually seriously got to score a goal against one of the rival schools.

 
Every fall, her club team members scatter to the various schools in our area and we get to bump into them during the high school season. They love eachother an awful lot and even though they wear different uniforms in the fall, they still squeal and scream when they see one another. (It's only been 3 weeks since they all practiced together, but evidently it feels like a lifetime)
 
 
 
* I feel the need to point out that I took their picture on the bleachers, and they are really all the same height. My camera can't actually make those kinds of adjustments.
 
 
 

No comments: