Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sports Talk

To say we have been busy is an understatement. On top of having - on average- 5 games per weekend, Morrie also went out of town last week and I had the flu. After 14 days I am still coughing and blowing my nose, but at least I can get out of bed. I consider that an accomplishment.

Last weekend I wasn't in shape to take any pictures, but considering I took 700 the previous week, I'll let it go. We have 2 more weeks of volleyball, and maybe 5 weeks left of soccer. By the time we wrap it up Isabelle and I will be working on her school play a few times a week and then...then...she graduates mere days after the play. It's going to fly by and I'm scared.

There. I said it. I want to put her in my pocket and thank the stars that I have 3 more years with Maria before she goes off to 9th grade. It's like they're going to be thousands of miles away or something. That's how it feels. I am sending them to Yemen. No wait, it's just the local junior high.

This is supposed to be about sports..how do I get off topic like that?

Here is Isabelle keeping her heels in bounds and getting the ball over the net. In a very smelly gym. With no natural light.

Here is she almost ready, but scratching her neck. Super important that I record this moment, don't you think?
Here's my Maria running in the sunshine. So sunny that I didn't need my umbrella. So sunny that I forgot that I laid my umbrella down and and at the end of the game we left. It's still there.

Here is a girl about to knee Maria in the face. Seriously? You know, Maria feels bad as it is because she isn't very tall. This is just adding insult to injury.




Maria likes this picture because she is flying through the air AND she appears taller than everyone else.


Here is another person flying through the air. I will have you know that Isabelle cleared this ball acting normally regardless of the other girl acting like a ninja.


Sometimes I post pictures and try to make some witty comment- and other times I just like to post pictures so my family can see the girls. This is one of those moments. I don't have anything funny or cleaver to say. Just "here's my girl".



I am feeling all sappy now. I need a hug. Mostly because I am still coughing and feeling sorry for myself and I need someone to take care of me. Also because I need to stop hanging out with people who have little kids making me all gummy and squishy for those days when my girls were little. This girl needed a hug too I guess, because she is giving Isabelle one.
She must feel the same way I do. I love that other people love my kids too!


Isabelle thinks she is short. She isn't. She used to be, but she's 13 and 5'2 and she's still got years of growing. Look what she can already do with her looong legs!


She can run really fast with them too.



She can handle a soccer ball with fancy moves too. We survived 5 games this weekend. We are kind of pooped. I ran into a friend at the grocery store tonight and I am pretty sure she has never seen me look so haggard. The only thing that got me through the weekend was my new phone. I have entered the 21st century and I am pretty stoked. I even tested out the camera feature.



He is pretty tired too, can you tell? Can you imagine what he is going to look like when I take a picture of him seeing this post (and this picture) for the first time? It's going to be epic! It's 9pm now and I have to get to bed. God knows when I am going to make it back to this computer to post next, but just know I think about posting a lot! I just am driving to multiple practices each night and rarely get dinner, so the blog has kind of been put on the back burner. Bear with me!

3 comments:

Morrie said...

You're Toast!

Julie S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atticelf said...

:D