Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Finally, more soccer pictures!!

Okay, so you may not have been waiting on the edge of your seat for these...but I have! We had an incident with the camera last week and I was not able to take any pictures of Izzy's game on Saturday. It was dreadful for me not to have the camera. Izzy saved 2 goals from being scored in super fantastic fashion- one included tons of people around the goal and Izzy literally kicking it backwards over her head and out of the goal. Due to that performance her team voted her captain of Sunday's game, which was a pretty big deal for her. If I describe this tournament that she is in one more time, I am going to make myself sick, so I will leave it at "she's playing in a tournament that lasts several weeks" so as not to torture you with the details. This the the defense having their pre-game talk. Are they talking game strategy? Their favorite songs on their ipods? Justin Beiber's haircut? The sex episode on Modern Family? I have no idea, but I am going to invest in a microphone right away.

This is Izzy jumping into action. Can she not use her head? It would make my neck feel a lot better.
Here she is giving another girl a headache. Somehow Izzy came out of it just fine and the ref had to ask #16 of she was going to be ok.

This is her "Leaning" move. In Saturday's game she may have turned up the volume on this move and actually checked -hockey style- and had a foul called on her. When we asked her about it later, she said she didn't mean it, and then in the next breath said it was payback.
Izzy's team mate fractured her heal in that game and it was heart breaking. I don't like to see these girls in pain. Run Forest run!!
Izzy is kneeing the ball out.
This is Izzy scaring the crap out of the other girl.

This is the ball mark that made Izzy smile and say "YES!!" when she saw it.
I don't understand soccer players. But I sure love them!!!

No comments: