Thursday, November 11, 2010

Be still my heart: 2005

Back on the fall of 2005, we had a great friend take some family photos. I recently came across them and immediately started crying. Then I got out from the fetal position under the desk and began to wonder where did these little girls go??

Oh my. I am having a heart attack. Right now.

How can a child look like she has the sun beaming out of her eyes? Can I please have 10 minutes with this 5 year old girl?

These days -luckily- I don't have to work too hard to get her to snuggle with me. However, she is generally busy doing other grown up things, like listening to her i-pod. When did she get so ginormous? Quit it Maria!

Seriously? Those blue eyes are killing me. I just want to ask her a few questions so I can hear her voice again. Please?
Who is this girl now? I think my life just flashed before my eyes. I'm not old enough for that to happen. Where did the time go?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAACK!! I want them little again!
This sucks. I am getting back under the desk again.


I kind of think we still look the same. Maybe a few more wrinkles. Creases if you will. Watching those kids grow up so darn fast will do that to a person. You think Morrie will go get the neighbor's baby for me? I just want to hold her for a teeny tiny bit. Just until this ache in my heart eases up.

2 comments:

Terrie said...

Very cute photos!! Darn kids and their growing up!!!

Anonymous said...

OK, Andrea, seriously, get yourself a baby. Steal one if you have to. (But not one of mine, okay?)