Saturday, December 17, 2011

Dear Diary (in pictures)

Dear Diary,

Please let Isabelle always want to hang out with me, because I don't think I can not have these moments with her. We had a sleepover together and watched Arrested Development and laughed until our sides hurt.






Dear Diary,

Today Maria's cat tried to swipe my legs out from under me while she was hiding in a cat bed. I don't think I have the patience for this animal. I am trying to find my receipt so I can go and get a refund.





Dear Diary,


Maria and I are reading The Help. I read out loud to her and change all the bad words. She thinks it is a great book. Wait until she goes to school and tells all her friends to read it. By the way, my Southern accent is coming along nicely. Sometimes it is hard to break out of, and I frequently find myself having conversations with Morrie where I am apparently still in the deep South. He is looking for his receipt on me.







Dear Diary,


This dog can't be any cuter.


'Nough said.




Dear Diary,


We hung up the kids artwork over our bed because we had such a big space to fill and nothing to fill it with. The picture right behind me with the bright blue background is a picture Maria drew of Morrie and I. We are super heroes, wearing capes. She drew it when she was 7. When she still thought we possessed super powers. I like to look at it and pretend she still thinks of us that way. Then I ponder what kind of super powers I would really like to have. Then Morrie walks in and sees me deep in thought and asks what I am doing and tell him I would like to be invisible and be able to transport myself places. Then he sighs and walks back out of the room.






Dear Diary,


I would like Five Guys Burgers and Fries in my kitchen. They are french fry nirvana.








Dear Diary,


When the girls and I have too much time on our hands...thing can get out of control.





Dear Diary,


Maria ran into her old gymnastics coach tonight at Isabelle's school. Maria and Nancy love each other. A lot. Nancy may be the single best coach I have ever seen in my life- across all sports. There isn't a more encouraging, loving, kind, and enthusiastic person out there. I think she wants Maria to come and live with her. Do you think she would take Maria's cat too?




I bet she would.



No comments: