Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Tradition

One of our Christmas traditions is to walk into one of the most decked out Christmas stores we can find, and walk around until our eyes are glazed over and we can't take one more minute of holiday cheer.

A store where we can turn around every corner and find ornament displays that beckon us with their candy colors in every possible shape you can think of.


I want to eat them up they look so yummy. Maria and I took a picture of our selves in front of the poinsettia tree.




What am I going to do when the day comes that she maybe doesn't want to do this with mom anymore??




Every table top was covered in some sort of insane cuteness and holiday themed cheer. After only 30 minutes of being there, I think I was high on peppermint and fir. I was convinced I too could go home and create anything with a little moss, hot glue and poinsettia leaves.






I was also convinced that I could hang brightly colored garland ever so perfectly and come up with this:






Some things were just a bit ridiculous. How big of a tree would you need for this ornament?






Perhaps we should go with just one color, and make a winter wonderland out of our greenhouse...I mean living room, with snow owls and penguins.







We oohed and ahhed over every little item- especially the tiny villages.





By the end, we even thought the upside down tree, decorated in an aquatic theme was pretty. That's how brainwashed we were. Who doesn't need a pink metal flamingo at the base of their tree?




I can't even tell if there is a tree under all of these decorations:





But I do know what someone wants from Santa this year!


For her to NEVER get any older, for her to always think shopping with Mom is the bomb and for her to live in my pocket where we can go everywhere together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oo, I love your twist ending. This makes me sad I didn't make it to Molbak's this year. I guess it's not too late...

Atticelf said...

Stop getting sappy about your kids getting older! It sends me into a mild state of panic that MINE are growing way too fast too (and Devon is getting tired of me dragging him onto my lap for a quick snuggle before he grows another bazillion inches - all arms and legs, that boy).