Monday, April 4, 2011

We do other things!

You must think that by this time, we don't do anything except play sports. It's a little bit true, but I will prove to you today that we are multi talented. This is Maria after school last week. I think someone needs to get more sleep. She may want to take some of the vitamins that are sitting right in front of her. Just a suggestion. This is moi talking to my friend Kathy. Morrie is- for some inexplicable reason- using my camera. Izzy is repeatedly saying "Mom, we need to go to Starbucks" over and over. I can't hear Kathy and I can't hear Izzy (because they are both talking to me), but I can pose for the picture!
I think this is why I embarrass the kids sometimes. Not totally sure, but it's a possibility.


Maria finally woke up, and she is holding her goods from Starbucks. Can you believe they sell cake pops now? I keep thinking some baker just totally scored the giant contract with that decision!
Starbucks in my family makes everyone very happy. The happiness lasts too, so it is in my best interest to keep it coming. The joy lasted so long for Maria, that she is actually posing on the soccer field here.
Who does that?


Poses all funny when they have a camera pointed at them?


Weird.


Izzy and I spent HOURS shopping for her graduation dresses. No, that is not a typo, they need TWO. I think they are trying to kill the parents. Morrie said we should go for high neck and long skirt.


Does this foot the bill?

It's not a shirt folks. It is really a dress. My dad had it easy in our day.


OMG, she looks so cute here! I have to go hug her. She is getting to grown up and I need her to be 7 again.

I will also have you know that I don't always hold the camera at soccer games. Well, most of the time I do. Unless my camera is broken. Then I sit around with these two squirrels. I wonder what piece of priceless advice Maria is passing on here. Maybe I shouldn't ask.
There you have it, we drink Starbucks, we lay around, we talk on the phone and we make fun of ridiculously short dresses. Ialso make Izzy try on floor length gowns just to pull pranks on people when we text them pictures of it. Then we lay on the floor of the dressing room laughing until our sides burst.

2 comments:

Atticelf said...

Your kids are such good sports. See how they smile for the camera? I took my camera with us when we went shopping for Kiana's first bra.

She didn't smile for the pictures...

s.price said...

you are so correct...starbucks does make our whole family happy :) LOVE LOVE LOVE izzy's second dress!