Friday, April 11, 2008

Pioneer Days are alive AGAIN

Okay, so we like Pioneerish stuff. We've been to a living pioneer farm in Eatonville, a living pioneer museum in Bozeman and now another in Oregon! We went to the High Desert Museum, not knowing what to expect, and got to see fantastic pioneer exhibits, plus an old cabin and sawmill. My girls eat this stuff up (okay... so do I!). It was so much fun! later that night we went back for a special event called "Mission Wolf". Two wolves from Colorado were there to teach us about brining wolves back into the western states. They rolled around on the ground, gave kisses to tons of people and became very jealous if the other wolf was getting more audience attention! The girls even got to sit on the floor as the wolves made their rounds. Can you believe that even in front of 200 people, Maria has no fear of speaking! She raised her hand and asked how big wolves are when they are born (only about a pound!). The two we saw (Magpie and Abraham) were around 85 pounds, but they looked MUCH bigger! It was a really cool experience, and I hope some of the pictures we took will turn out. I'm sure I will post them right away if they do. Isabelle already said she wants them blown up for the walls in her room!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I don't think anyone is reading my posts...this sucks!

ksgc4 said...

That is so not true! I'm reading it here in Nebraska!!!

Andrea said...

Thanks K, you made my night!

Atticelf said...

LOL...I'm catching up! Hey, have you ever been to one of those Civil War reenactments? My old boss (the one who let me scrapbook when my work was done - ah...the good ol' days. Forgive me, I digress...) anyway he does those and I bet you guys would like it. You could probably google Civil War Seattle Washington or something like that and find out when their next event is. Pretty cool historic stuff, doncha know.

Atticelf said...

Hey...I didn't know I was Atticelf. I wonder when I did that?

Morrie said...

I hear there's a really cool living museum in Bozeman, MT. You should check it out sometime or at least send your kids to work there this summer...